- Utilize research techniques, data collection techniques and analysis technology.
- Employ problem-solving skills, data interpretation, and various other tools, aligning methodologies with research goals.
- Understand and effectively predict a given asset’s behavioral outlook. This often involves quantitatively analyzing an asset’s statistical data, identifying trends and patterns in relation to recent and longer term activity.
- Provide data to portfolio managers or other team members which will help them to make better-informed investment decisions.
- Work with trading strategies that help manage portfolio risk.
- Work with methodologies which protect databases and confidential information.
- Monitor projects and makes sure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Researchers must be able to deliver presentations and communicate effectively when appropriate.